OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did my ALK testing today and my 125 gallon was at 6.8 little low I like around 7.5-8.0

My 75 was at 4 hanna checker did 2 test. Looking at the corals every thing seem fine including a number of SPS frags. Found my PC4 failed. I switched my dosing pumps to the working PC4 and will start bringing the ALK back up slowly.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the problem with my hanna checker was the reagent, not sure why it was showing so far off. I ordered new reagents and my ALK was at 8.5 with the new stuff. The old reagent was reading around 5 DKH. I am glad I didn't panic and dump a large amount of soda ash in the aquarium.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the problem with my hanna checker was the reagent, not sure why it was showing so far off. I ordered new reagents and my ALK was at 8.5 with the new stuff. The old reagent was reading around 5 DKH. I am glad I didn't panic and dump a large amount of soda ash in the aquarium.
Like I did when my reagent was at the bottom of the bottle, LOL.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a larmack angel 2 days ago she is doing good. Staying away from corals so far, which is great. Found my Hanna checker reagent is givin me a bad reading (which at this point I should no better when nearing the end of the bottle) and unfortunately my ALK was over 10 for my 75 and 9 for the 125, but nothing bad has happen yet and I am bringing the ALK down slowly. Both tanks don't have the phosphate and nutrient levels to have the ALK that high.

IMG_1224.JPG

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are doing well added a pyramid butterfly and blue hippo. Unfortunately the blue hippo came down with ich and I was n't able to catch him, he passed away about a week ago. Fortunately the other fish showed some signs of ich, but since the hippo passing it has cleared up. Here is quick pic of some Zoa frags some I cut yesterday and are still healing.

IMG_1257.JPG

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found red bugs in my SPS tank treated with interceptor and it loos like it did the trick. Will be keeping an eye out for new bugs.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like the bug are gone. one of the acros has 0 polyp extension today checked ALK and it was good, my lawnmower blenny was hanging out near it maybe the coral was not happy about it other acros around it look fine.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having some problems with the 75 gallon tank and the 125. 75 gallon tank has been having some strange algae and corals are not looking good. Ended up finding my calcium was at 200. I dose 2 part, so since my ALK was good I never though of checking Calcium. I am back up to 390 tank is already looking better.

125 gallon, I wanted to try something different so I dosed Nitrates I did not understand how it works, so my phosphates plummeted a lot of my zoanthids closed up, but interestingly my SPS look great. I have since stopped dosing everything tank is coming back around.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked some water parameters today

P04 .03 Hanna Checker
ALK 8.8 Hanna Checker
CAL 390 Salifert
Nitrate 0 Salifert

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks are doing well added some frags from aquasd and couldn't be happier. Battling some micro algae in my frag tank came from live rock from Florida it comes and go's this time it is taking over. Debating on getting a small tang, but the LFS has lettuce nudi I think I will try 1 to see what happen.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals have been chugging along, I did notice some corals dont seem to be as happy. Found PH04 at around .25, so I am using phosabsorb to help bring it down some.

OP
OP
loui

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much to update almost everything is doing well, lost my red dragon colony, but did get a couple of frags from it that seem to be doing ok. my Phosphates are high around .2 been trying to get them down.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back