Scratched display

Rusty Baldwin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
13
Location
georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that my powerhead magnet scratched my display glass.

75 gallon. Tons of livestock.

Will the scratch turn into a crack?

IMG_5718.jpeg
 
I found that my powerhead magnet scratched my display glass.

75 gallon. Tons of livestock.

Will the scratch turn into a crack?

IMG_5718.jpeg
Hey, I've just scratched mine too with rock! I'm feeling really worried that my tank will explode, is there a way to strengthen the scratches somehow?
 
Aw man that's a bummer! :anxious-face-with-sweat: Nothing more will happen; you just have to look at it all the time which hurts more than your back would from changing your floors :crying-face:
 
Hey, I've just scratched mine too with rock! I'm feeling really worried that my tank will explode, is there a way to strengthen the scratches somehow?
Chill! :)

Unless you somehow have managed to cut halfway through your glass with a grain of sand (unlikely!) nothing will happen! :-) It's cosmetic, it's annoying - but you'll be just fine!

We all have scratches in our glass unless the tank is mint and just out of the box. The first one hurts the most. :face-with-head-bandage:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new