• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Screen Tops

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I am back at it making screen tops. You have a couple options as I have learned what works and what doesn't. There tops can are made with aluminium Screen framing that you can get from any hardware store. The corners are 3D Printed and the screen is the clear 1/4 inch nylon netting.

PRICING:
Fully Built Screen tops
The pricing on these will be the length Plus Width - So if you have a 12 x 12 cube you want covered you will pay $24
  • Color Options: White framing or Dark Brown framing (Corners will be Black)
  • You can add any piece you would like like doors or U-Shaped pieces for the same pricing Below
  • Spend more then $50 and pick any One Extra Part
  • You can from choose from many colors 3D Printed Parts
Build your Own:
You will be able to build your own kits. Simply order what you need and I will include shipping in the total.
  • 4 Corners - Rimless or for Rimmed Tanks - $10
  • Indent (U-Shaped Piece) for cords to run through with spline channel - $4
  • Door for Rimless or Rimmed Tank - $8
  • Full Set - 4 Corners / U-Shaped Piece for Cords / Door - $20
  • Custom pieces - You can request any custom piece you need. Simply shoot me a PM and we will work together but you can expect to pay $10-$20 for 2-4 pieces
  • You can from choose from many colors 3D Printed Parts
Here are some examples:
IMG_20191216_121546.jpg

IMG_20200113_193607.jpg

Examples of the Parts you can order for Build your own:
IMG_20191127_145027.jpg

Thank you guys so much!! Let me know if I can print or make you anything you see above! Happy Reefing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ncfishguy I just googled the tank: Deep Blue Professional 57-Gallon Reef Ready Rimless Tank, 36 x 18 - If that is correct then it would be 36+18 = 54 Shipped if you want me to make it. If you want to pick up the screen, framing and need the part simply see price guide above.

Also note that you just made it over the $50 Mark so you would be able to choose an extra piece such as a door, extra corner pieces, u-shaped piece, Etc.

Last edited:

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Highly recommend Jeffery. He made me a screen top for my fijicube 24G cube and I could not be happier with the outcome. If you are on the fence, do not be, you won’t be disappointed!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @captrichc I can certainly help you, is the tank 6ft long rimless? For something that size shoot me a PM as I will have to figure out the price for you. Shipping is really the only concern I have. If you want to make it yourself I can print out all/any parts that you need. Thew top frames are aluminium Screen framing that you can get from any hardware store.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Triple.T Bowfront would be tricky, I can make the 3D pieces at any angle and we could make a few of them to make the turn, but there would be gaps as I cant bend the framing...

It would be something like this - The framing would be the green --

Bowfronty.jpg

Last edited:

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting for sure - going to look into this when I get to work. I have a 34 deep blue frag tank rimless and I pump my returns over the back so I'm wondering if I should cut them out or just stop the screen 3 inches short - maybe make a second tiny screen ?

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, i would like to order a full screen top all black color with 4 corners for Rimmed Tank - 40 gallons breeder the one from Petco store please. Thanks

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like a top made for a 20g innovative marine drop off tank with a feeding door. Feel free to send me a message about it. I need something my blue spot jawfish can’t get through I’m getting tired of my ghetto rigged top haha.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Zoaologist I am so sorry, I missed your post. If you want to shoot me over a picture of what I am working with I can get you on the list. I think I will be caught back up on orders by end of the week! Let me know what I can do to help. :)

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All....

Jeff is an absolute machine... once he got my dimensions he cooked up a 3D drawing of all the parts required and we talked through everything to make sure it worked perfectly... parts arrived practically the next day which I was thrilled about. I threw together the screen as I was excited and want to get a blenny again... last one jumped :( and here's a pic. The 3D parts are printed high quality and everything fit together perfectly.

I would recommend getting a screen from him in a heart beat. +100000

Also had him print out a little test tube dry rack :)

Couldn't be more happy.

15796572402908990332635481175793.jpg IMG_20200122_211242.jpg

scott11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you address the kessil mounts? How much space around them? Thats what I am trying to figure out how to solve.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back