OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine tears up small and large seaweed extreme pellets by Hikari, it eats nori but not enthusiastically. Eats all live algaes. Also anything meaty. Tears up red ogo and ulva both are easily grown in refigium.

Here is a pic of my older one. Definitly destroys red ogo but it's a pain as I cant get it to grow in my refugium. Trying to avoid red ogo on the new guy and will give ulva a try.

20200309_195516.jpg

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my older one. Definitly destroys red ogo but it's a pain as I cant get it to grow in my refugium. Trying to avoid red ogo on the new guy and will give ulva a try.

20200309_195516.jpg
I’m growing ogo in a 5 gallon bucket with grow light, it does much better with elevated nitrates and phosphates. Good luck! Try the seaweed extreme pellets too they’re pretty good.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m growing ogo in a 5 gallon bucket with grow light, it does much better with elevated nitrates and phosphates. Good luck! Try the seaweed extreme pellets too they’re pretty good.

What are you using for a pump? I am assuming you are tumbling it? Both of the rabbitfish also eat the hikari herbivore blend. Will try the seaweed extreme also.

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for a pump? I am assuming you are tumbling it? Both of the rabbitfish also eat the hikari herbivore blend. Will try the seaweed extreme also.
Just a $5 air bubbler, you don’t need to tumble it. Throw some food in every few days. With a Grow Light, keep it in garage.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will only eat nori if it’s cut up into little 1/2“ squares that I mix in some tank water with LRS reef frenzy or herbivore frenzy while it thaws. After that he chases them down when I dump the food in first thing. Won’t touch the stuff as a sheet on a food clip or rock, he’ll slowly waste away instead. (Sometimes presentation is everything)

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you keep it heated? Regular salinity?
Yes it’s heated but only during winter if needed. The grow light warms the water some so you might not need a heater, depends on ambient temp. Regular salinity, but haven’t tried hypo or hyper. Can just use old tank water and increase nutrients by feeding pellets or flake or whatever else you have lying around

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back