Sea Hare death

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruzoko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ruzoko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
322
Reaction score
172
Location
Carlsbad
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, got a sea hare about a week ago. The guy was eating and moving with 100% no issues, I added a chemi-pure blue bag to the tank a day ago and today the hare is dead. All other inverts are fine, wondering what woulda caused it to die while everything else is fine, only thing i figure is the bag caused parameters to change too quickly.
 
I don't know if Chemi-Pure blue is the culprit or if it was simple coincidence, but Chemi-pure blue is supposedly a mix of activated carbon and DI resin. DI resin would be very quickly depleted in sea water and generally has no purpose to be used there. I am trying to avoid products which claim too much. Browsing internet I found somebody complaining that mushroom demised after putting a bag of chemi-pure blue into the tank.
 
I don't know if Chemi-Pure blue is the culprit or if it was simple coincidence, but Chemi-pure blue is supposedly a mix of activated carbon and DI resin. DI resin would be very quickly depleted in sea water and generally has no purpose to be used there. I am trying to avoid products which claim too much. Browsing internet I found somebody complaining that mushroom demised after putting a bag of chemi-pure blue into the tank.
Makes sense, i always used elite without any issues at all but tried this blue and had a death, my urchin is pretty stressed as well and may be otw out sadly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new