Sea hare diet

  • Thread starter Thread starter krollins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

krollins

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Messages
452
Reaction score
308
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sea hare to eat green hair algae. He's eaten most of it in a month. I'm planning on removing it, but I think it is cool looking so I want to keep it. Will they eat any prepared food so it won't die. If they don't, I will return it.
 
I got a sea hare to eat green hair algae. He's eaten most of it in a month. I'm planning on removing it, but I think it is cool looking so I want to keep it. Will they eat any prepared food so it won't die. If they don't, I will return it.
I feel like they should "rent" these and not sell them. Pass it along to another reefer with a GHA issue.
 
Dollabella sea hare? They really only live a year in captivity :( the also do munch on nori but not really something to sustain them long term
 
I couldn't sustain mine on nori. It would eat it but only stay in one spot for maybe a couple minutes and move on. The best scenario would be to pass it on to someone else that has a algea issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new