Sea Hare

  • Thread starter Thread starter vittpsu21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vittpsu21

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Messages
710
Reaction score
678
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, about 4 weeks ago I purchased a sea gate to help clear up my algae. Over the last week or so I’ve noticed the algae drastically decreasing, the original plan was to get the sea hare out as things started to thin.

Problem is I haven’t seen the guy in 4-7 days, I used to see him a lot. Looking for some ideas on how to lure him out so I can rehome him to my friend as originally planned! I know they are nocturnal, or so I’ve read, but I look before lights on, a few hours after lights out to no avail! I read online that they don’t really respond to nori as that was my next approach?

Tanks is 200g with a 74g sump, I don’t think him passing would impact the tank drastically, but I’d really much rather rehome him and not needlessly lose life. Thanks in advance
 
Perhaps he already passed? I've had a couple that were not very long lived but they were never hidden.
Yeah was also wondering that, been looking all over so could very well be
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new