Sea Spider

Sapper577

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interceptor! If you can still find it. Talk to your veterinarian for a comparable medication if not. In my experience it’s going to be the only way to successfully eradicate them. I dosed one large pill in a 240 gallon system. Crush it up and mix it with tank water and pour it in. Do the same 7 days later. These things will kill all your SPS.
CAUTION! REMOVE ALL INVERTS WITH AN EXOSKELETON! Interceptor works by destroying the outside layer of various types of worms dogs get and them they die. The same will happen to crabs, shrimp, etc.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any spiders in the pics. Maybe you can circle them. I’d recommend a halicheros wrasse to deal with them.
B6A1C300-4FA4-40B4-AA02-E196A86CA9EF.jpeg

Sapper577

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interceptor! If you can still find it. Talk to your veterinarian for a comparable medication if not. In my experience it’s going to be the only way to successfully eradicate them. I dosed one large pill in a 240 gallon system. Crush it up and mix it with tank water and pour it in. Do the same 7 days later. These things will kill all your SPS.
CAUTION! REMOVE ALL INVERTS WITH AN EXOSKELETON! Interceptor works by destroying the outside layer of various types of worms dogs get and them they die. The same will happen to crabs, shrimp, etc.

Just want to add that you should turn your slimmer off if you run one during the treatment

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a heads up, I have not found a vet that will give interceptor. Things have changed and it's nowhere near as easy to get anymore.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back