Sea Star Tank Mate Ideas?

bribosaurus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Location
fort myers florida USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am upgrading my Chocolate Chip Sea Stars from their temp setup to their forever home (75 gallons).

Right now they live alone with some snails and hermits. Is there anything I can put in there that wont pick at them?

Thanks!
 
I think most fish would leave them alone aside from those which actually eat them - clowns, yellow tang, damsels... lots of options.
 
It’s less about what harms the star and more what gets harmed by the star.

CCs can be evil sometimes, including to each other.
 
I don't have any suggestions other than to echo TX_REEF's comment that anything that's not a known star eater should be safe, but I'd like to add that I think having a dedicated chocolate chip star tank is pretty neat. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new