Sea water

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. Not something Australia does as far as I know, but we can't take coral, not even dead on a beach, and there are some areas where we cannot take molluscs. I have to think about why they would ban the taking of water. Maybe they don't want the extra traffic and disturbance of some very sensitive areas?

Of course. I noted happily, the other day, about some covenants for housing and residents of golf course estates, which specified what chemicals they were allowed to use. Of course the golf club is protecting their own greens, waterways, and fairways, but it all helps in the eventual runoff.

good point, if I wouldn't swim in it, it isn't going in my tank :)

I didn't catch you location, my apology. I'm in California and we have some odd rules around marine parks and reserves. Even for water. During our heavy drought years I was using NSW due to rodi waste. I couldn't really get a clear answer with some saying go for it and others saying they are not sure so treat it like fishing. One said it had to do with otter or sea lion pups/young disruption (possible). Can't fish there so they just said leave it. I honestly don't know. Plenty of other areas to get it from so I just went with it.

I do a lot of scuba diving in Monterey so we always check the beach conditions when selecting dive sites. Sea lions can muck up the water, heavy rains, etc. Fecal, coliform, they list all sorts of things so but the main jest of it is their advisory for skin contact. If that is up no dives so I wouldn't collect.

Anyway you got it dialed in I see which is nice.

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea lions can muck up the water, heavy rains, etc. Fecal, coliform, they list all sorts of things so but the main jest of it is their advisory for skin contact. If that is up no dives so I wouldn't collect.

Sounds mucky. We have dolphins and dugongs, but they stay out wide and don't come up on the beach, so really none of that to worry about (except us dirty humans :) )

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back