Seachem Ammonia Alert

Reefster78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Can anyone help me with this spots? How can I understand what color it shows? It was brand new

IMG_20210415_204028.jpg

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you peeled the square sticker off, you may have damaged the center Sensor part. Touching the center with your fingers can also inhibit the sensors response due to the oil on your hands. You can test the sensor by taking a bottle of Window Cleaner with Ammonia in it, remove the pump style sprayer, and hold the sensor near the mouth of the bottle briefly. The Vapors are enough to get a color change. As soon as the color changes, pull the sensor away. Do not touch the sensor to the bottle, or put Window Cleaner on the Sensor. Also do not use straight Ammonia or Window Cleaner with extra Ammonia. You only need to have the sensor near the mouth of the bottle for a few seconds to get a reaction! Also shake the Sensor dry before doing the test, but don’t touch the sensor with anything.

OP
OP
Reefster78

Reefster78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you peeled the square sticker off, you may have damaged the center Sensor part. Touching the center with your fingers can also inhibit the sensors response due to the oil on your hands. You can test the sensor by taking a bottle of Window Cleaner with Ammonia in it, remove the pump style sprayer, and hold the sensor near the mouth of the bottle briefly. The Vapors are enough to get a color change. As soon as the color changes, pull the sensor away. Do not touch the sensor to the bottle, or put Window Cleaner on the Sensor. Also do not use straight Ammonia or Window Cleaner with extra Ammonia. You only need to have the sensor near the mouth of the bottle for a few seconds to get a reaction! Also shake the Sensor dry before doing the test, but don’t touch the sensor with anything.
I didn't touch it. I know how to operate with it It's not my first alert badge :) just this one had issue and I wonder maybe someone had this issue. Anyway thanks

Storm Trooper Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen the same in similar items that use the same technology. you are good. goes away with time/increase flow (do not park in front of powerhead). They take 48 hours to acclimate. been running it a few days you say? when in doubt API.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back