Seachem products...Chemipure Blue and Purigen

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Chemipure Blue in my Nano reef tank and it is fine, but I would like to get the water a little clearer. Can you use Purigen and Chemipure together or just switch to Purigen?

OP
OP
Kdub Koral Guy

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use both together without issue. For clarity one of my favorites is a good old school PolyBio MarinePolyFilter.
It's just a 13.5 Fluval and I got the Intank media baskets that I love and want to use these products. Thanks. Do I need to worry about my cleanup crew having nothing to eat? lol

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Chemipure Blue and Purigen in the inTank media basket for my IM Nuvo 40 and haven't had any issues. I've believe I have the Purigen on top of the Chemipure bag in the middle chamber. Even using both isn't going clean your tank enough to starve your CUC. I still have small amounts of algae growing on the rocks and glass so they have plenty to snack on. In general I find that these products don't reduce nitrates or phosphates all that much but do help with water clarity.

OP
OP
Kdub Koral Guy

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Chemipure Blue and Purigen in the inTank media basket for my IM Nuvo 40 and haven't had any issues. I've believe I have the Purigen on top of the Chemipure bag in the middle chamber. Even using both isn't going clean your tank enough to starve your CUC. I still have small amounts of algae growing on the rocks and glass so they have plenty to snack on. In general I find that these products don't reduce nitrates or phosphates all that much but do help with water clarity.
Cool Thx

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back