SeaChem Salinty Salt

Ostentum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched over from the Red Sea Coral pro to the Aquavitro(Sea Chem) salinity. This is what I have noticed in the two months. Also I want to note that I used the Red Sea for almost 6 yrs and loved the stuff with the exception for the very last water change I did which increased my Alk from 9.3 to 11.7, 21g on a 110g tank. Clearer water, massive polyp extension, and more rapid growth. Note that none of these were issues before the salt change, just have even better results. There are a couple of oddities with this salt. I have alot of silt and white deposits all over the mixing bucket. It dissolves quickly but leaves alot of white crud behind. It has a wretched smell, after the first couple times mixing it I thought the dog or cat marked the trashcan I was mixing it in. The salt gets very hot to the touch and fizzes when it hits the water. Very Strange indeed. With all these aside, I really like the results in my tank. Plus the lab analysis on the label gives you that extra level of comfort.

chestnud

Slice & Dice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used it for the past six months and love it. Acros have excellent polyp extension and LPS corals, especially acans, are blown up nicely. I agree that it is nice to have a lab analysis on each bucket. I highly recommend it. I made the switch from D&D H2Ocean. Great salt just wanted to see what this would do.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back