Seachem Tidal (55,75) vs. Aquaclear (70)

Lizzybxi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm debating which HOB filter to buy. I was planning on turning them into DIY refugium with chaeto. I know the Aquaclear filters are super popular for the diy hob refugium but I seriously dislike that it doesn't self-prime. I have yet to see anySeachem tidal refugium diy which is why im conflicted. If anyone is familar with tidal filters, do you think it would be possible to turn it into a refugium. I saw submersible led strip light that I could suction cup to the lid as a light source for the chaeto. Leave any advice. Thanks.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I'm debating which HOB filter to buy. I was planning on turning them into DIY refugium with chaeto. I know the Aquaclear filters are super popular for the diy hob refugium but I seriously dislike that it doesn't self-prime. I have yet to see anySeachem tidal refugium diy which is why im conflicted. If anyone is familar with tidal filters, do you think it would be possible to turn it into a refugium. I saw submersible led strip light that I could suction cup to the lid as a light source for the chaeto. Leave any advice. Thanks.
Hi: I have a Tidal 55 as filter in my 20 g quarantine tank and I’m very happy with it.
I love the self priming ability
I have never tried to use it as a refugium but if you manage a diy for the light I don’t see why you couldn’t adapt it for that purpose

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS can you combine these two threads

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back