SeaDweller's Progress Shots

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I regret even making that post. He gets angry every time I comment and then I get a ton of private messages from him explaining why I'm wrong, demanding tank pictures and Hanna pictures. Then he (critically) suggests my nutrient levels are that of a "little girl". What is that?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I regret even making that post. He gets angry every time I comment and then I get a ton of private messages from him explaining why I'm wrong, demanding tank pictures and Hanna pictures. Then he (critically) suggests my nutrient levels are that of a "little girl". What is that?
Check your inbox please

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your inbox please
Zero messages. Now you're ghosting me?

My Oregon tort is growing, but I still may want another one. I'll hit you up. I've switched to Tropic Marin's All for Reef and it's much more consistent/stable for me. My GHL doser's tubing was clogging up with ESV 2 part so I switched.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero messages. Now you're ghosting me?

My Oregon tort is growing, but I still may want another one. I'll hit you up. I've switched to Tropic Marin's All for Reef and it's much more consistent/stable for me. My GHL doser's tubing was clogging up with ESV 2 part so I switched.
I’m a big fan of all for reef. My Oregon tort frags are now minis, and they need a new home

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of all for reef. My Oregon tort frags are now minis, and they need a new home
Awesome.
So the higher nitrate and phosphate is working for your non-tenius too?

Are you dosing one part by hand or a doser? Just curious.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome.
So the higher nitrate and phosphate is working for your non-tenius too?

Are you dosing one part by hand or a doser? Just curious.
Yes
Tenuis grow slower than most acros
I don’t care what anybody else says. If they grew fast they wouldn’t be so expensive. My non Tenuis, montis and zoas grow too fast for my small system. I’m constantly fragging them and putting them my other system or trading my lfs for store credit

And yes I use versa doser
I also use brs pharma kalk via my ato

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess we can just use @SeaDweller 's thread as a chat room while we wait for an update.

I am tinkering with my new ATI Stratons today. What are you guys doing?

Attachments

• IMG-4954.jpg
    IMG-4954.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 57

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s a guest in his own thread. It’s a well-known fact.

I haven’t heard of those. Interesting. Do you like them?
Aside from limited supply, and limited hanging options (also supply related) I think it is an awesome fixture. We'll see what my corals think about them once I finish up my DIY rail mounting contraption (ETA Summer 2022).

@ReefEngineer posted an outstanding review thread here:

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hanna Phosphorus ULR checker crapped out. What’s the newer equivalent that doesn’t require me to do the conversion? I think it’s HI774. Thought I’d double check. Thx.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from limited supply, and limited hanging options (also supply related) I think it is an awesome fixture. We'll see what my corals think about them once I finish up my DIY rail mounting contraption (ETA Summer 2022).

@ReefEngineer posted an outstanding review thread here:

I like ATI and I think it’s time that ATI steps up to the plate with something like this/a Radion alternative with solid spread. I am a fan of small-ish cube tanks and given the location of my tank and other logistics, I need/prefer to rock a single fixture over a 21”-ish cube like tank (XL 200 which is 24x21x22.6). However, I need an out of the box non-DIY hanging system that allows me to affix the fixture to the back glass. I’m in the minority.

I’m using a Radion XR30 G5 at the moment.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ATI and I think it’s time that ATI steps up to the plate with something like this/a Radion alternative with solid spread. I am a fan of small-ish cube tanks and given the location of my tank and other logistics, I need/prefer to rock a single fixture over a 21”-ish cube like tank (XL 200 which is 24x21x22.6). However, I need an out of the box non-DIY hanging system that allows me to affix the fixture to the back glass. I’m in the minority.

I’m using a Radion XR30 G5 at the moment.
The G5 is the best call given those parameters. This fixture is 10lbs and 18.5" square. I wouldn't want that torque against a thinner piece of glass.

A pic of my 20/20 DIY rail contraption. My son came over yesterday to help drop the 8X80 T5 battleship and hang the new one. I may have overcooked the morning blue settings. Will tinker.

Attachments

• IMG-4967.jpg
    IMG-4967.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-4960.jpg
    IMG-4960.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 42

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back