SeaDweller's Progress Shots

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it and I like your tank. I also like the footprint of the fixtures and the fact that you’re comparing them (even if it’s only PAR) to a sunpower. I still think ATI fixtures are the gold standard in terms of T5 and a serious rival to the highly coveted halide (although I still love the Phoenix 14k).
In all this time, I've never run halide. I couldn't on this display as it is in a highly visible spot and the aesthetic police would object. I have another basement frag system that is "my" space, but would need to upgrade ventilation. I already run a couple fans off my APEX that barely keep up.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tim. Work in progress. Actually trying to figure out a treatment plan for chrysophytes right now. Not that it is killing anything, just a pain to look at and a pain to syphon out. Oh well.

Man, SeaDweller really left us hanging in suspense with that promise of an update with "the good and the bad".
Out of curiosity do you run a UV sterilizer? I cannot confirm but I thought I had a chrysophytes along with dinos and cyano (wonderful mix) that I was battling for some time. I can't remember fully if the UV is what knocked it out or just time.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity do you run a UV sterilizer? I cannot confirm but I thought I had a chrysophytes along with dinos and cyano (wonderful mix) that I was battling for some time. I can't remember fully if the UV is what knocked it out or just time.
I keep a couple UV units on hand, but have never installed them for continuous use. I think I went through dinos (ostreopsis) a couple times just before you did, and UV was a significant tool for resolving them. Both are only 25 watts and have them set up with PVC ready to just drop in & plug in.

I have one running now on my small LPS tank and it actually seems to be helping (a little) with the chrysophytes. I also jacked up the flow so that may be helping. I never realized how much flow torches can take and still be happy.

I might try slapping the other one on the DT to see if it helps. I have sand, so there is only so much I can do with flow in there.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottB I thought you would appreciate this. Finally starting to get quality pizza after a few rough trial runs.

1616985447945.png

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@SeaDweller I was going through some of the threads I used to follow and came across this one. Hope you're doing well, and if you decide to revive this one, I'd love to hear how things are going for you!

Last edited:

Coral Euphoria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SeaDweller I was going through some of the threads I used to follow and came across this one. Hope you're doing well, and if you decide to revive this one, I'd love to hear how things are going for you!
He broke down the tank becuase he moved. Some of his colonies are living in my system until he sets up a tank again.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back