Seafarer says hello from Poland.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and great tank!
goofy movie hello GIF

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.

Finally after lurking this forum for months I've decided to register and have some input from myself ;)

I'm currently running a small 35cm x 35cm x 40cm cube as an experiment for me. The question was - can I run reef tank working as seafarer and being away from home for 3 weeks every 3 weeks?

Well the answer is yes. Sure, it's difficult and although tank is 1.5 years old and fully mature for me it looks like 9 months old ;)

Now the plan for me is to upgrade my tank to a cube (70cm x 70cm x 60cm preferably) as I'm building a new house and it's a best time to do it.

Pictures are day 1 and 5 mins ago ;)

akwa1.jpg IMG_20210203_125939.jpg
Welcome! Wow amazing tank!

whale GIF

OP
OP
CoolRad

CoolRad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, it looks great. However do you manage it with so much time away?

Glad you are with us.

Welcome to the R2R community. Your tank looks great. Would love to hear how you manage it with your crazy schedule.

Well it took me a while to go through biology and chemistry of reef tank.
Currently I'm doing one water change every month.
I'm dosing Tropic Marin all in one as balling.
Also on the same doser pump I'm dosing vsv and easy reefs easy booster nano.
Me and my wife when I'm at sea is dosing red sea ab+ daily, kz cyano clean and kz coral vitalizer. That's what she does plus feeding.
Floss is changed every 3 days.
Corals are fed with pellets lps grow and color and once a week reef roids.
I'm running only af life bio fill, no adsorbents or carbon, no skimmer or chaeto.
My no3 is 0.5-1 and po4 0.01 - 0.02.

Apart from corals you can spot i have 2 clowns which are hosting my duncan and one damsel.
Tons of n-generation of nassarius, turbo and other snails.
Two shrimps (cleaner and lysmata seticaudata), Tricolor hermit crab and porcelain crab.
Tons of bristle worms and other small life like copepods.

Biology is pretty solid. I can throw a burger inside and it will be gone in 5 mins hehe.
Of course this tank is my first tank and it suffers from coral placement, aqua scape (looks OK but hellish in placing corals) and circulation.
New tank will be more advanced hehe.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the world of saltwater, better yet welcome to the world of Reef2Reef! Ree2Reef is the worlds largest saltwater aquarium online platform and an amazing place to dive deep into information and reach out to people in the hobby that could possibly answer your questions!

Another great site to find dedicated reefers is on YouTube! I myself have started to grow my own channel in this past year and have had a lot of fun doing it! My channel could help you out in your introduction to the hobby, and honestly you could pick up some tips and tricks along the way! Hope you get a chance to check it out, and once again welcome to R2R!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back