Seahorse Help !

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a pair of seahorse now for about a month and half, both were doing well until recently the male started thrashing and scratching pretty bad, figured parasites so, did a freshwater dip with him for 8 mins

about how long till he starts to bounce back if he will and when should I do a formalin dip on him? He is still up right but not really moving much or eating anything. Am I passed the point of no return with him? The female is fine and thriving as with other fish and corals in the tank

E3ADD4DD-37F6-43B6-871C-3D29376B1051.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a pair of seahorse now for about a month and half, both were doing well until recently the male started thrashing and scratching pretty bad, figured parasites so, did a freshwater dip with him for 8 mins

about how long till he starts to bounce back if he will and when should I do a formalin dip on him? He is still up right but not really moving much or eating anything. Am I passed the point of no return with him? The female is fine and thriving as with other fish and corals in the tank

E3ADD4DD-37F6-43B6-871C-3D29376B1051.jpeg
@rayjay any thoughts?

OP
OP
Martiantomars

Martiantomars

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rayjay any thoughts?
Unfortunately lost him this morning. The thrashing was severe in the middle of the night, tried a last minute FW dip to ally relief but think it was just too late. I’m treating the whole tank with Metroplex now but wondering if I should switch it up to Paraguard or something else?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately lost him this morning. The thrashing was severe in the middle of the night, tried a last minute FW dip to ally relief but think it was just too late. I’m treating the whole tank with Metroplex now but wondering if I should switch it up to Paraguard or something else?
Sorry to hear this. I was hoping @rayjay would chime in.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back