Seahorse not eating

jje2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - my 1 seahorse isn't eating and I'm worried. I even tried feeding her live brine (the other seahorse loves it) and she didn't want anything to do with it. What can I do to entice her to take food? :(

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many times when a seahorse is not eating its a symptom that something may be off with the tank conditions. I would do several larger water changes, syphon the rocks to reduce detritus and change out all the filters. To make the food more attractive soak frozen mysis in garlic guard and try gut loading live food with Dan's Feed. You can buy Dan's Feed from Seahorse Source. If you can find small ghost shrimp your seahorse may go for that. Good luck to you.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - my 1 seahorse isn't eating and I'm worried. I even tried feeding her live brine (the other seahorse loves it) and she didn't want anything to do with it. What can I do to entice her to take food? :(
That's is a problem! It's been found that seahorses that are WC or that were fed life foods and aren't willing to eat frozen if put with seahorses that do eat frozen they will start eating, so the fact that yours doesn't makes me worry! Try to get some bacterial medications being that seahorses are very prone to bacterial infections

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these are wild caughts? It's a different problem if they are captive bred, than if they are WCs.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them for? Where did you get them from, an online store, home breeder or the LFS?

OP
OP
jje2016

jje2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them for? Where did you get them from, an online store, home breeder or the LFS?
Breeder, a few weeks, since I've noticed dinos in the tank I have been dosing h202, dr tims waste away & been slowly raising the alk with Red Sea reef foundation B.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you grab a picture?

Do you have access to ghost shrimp?

Are you trying to raise alk to a normal level?

OP
OP
jje2016

jje2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you grab a picture?

Do you have access to ghost shrimp?

Are you trying to raise alk to a normal level?
I can get ghost tm, only live brine today. I just went searching for her to take a picture but am unable to locate her :( she usually has two spots she likes to hang out in and she's no one to be found. I have a bad feeling :(

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back