Seahorse not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter jje2016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jje2016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
104
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - my 1 seahorse isn't eating and I'm worried. I even tried feeding her live brine (the other seahorse loves it) and she didn't want anything to do with it. What can I do to entice her to take food? :(
 
Many times when a seahorse is not eating its a symptom that something may be off with the tank conditions. I would do several larger water changes, syphon the rocks to reduce detritus and change out all the filters. To make the food more attractive soak frozen mysis in garlic guard and try gut loading live food with Dan's Feed. You can buy Dan's Feed from Seahorse Source. If you can find small ghost shrimp your seahorse may go for that. Good luck to you.
 
Hey all - my 1 seahorse isn't eating and I'm worried. I even tried feeding her live brine (the other seahorse loves it) and she didn't want anything to do with it. What can I do to entice her to take food? :(
That's is a problem! It's been found that seahorses that are WC or that were fed life foods and aren't willing to eat frozen if put with seahorses that do eat frozen they will start eating, so the fact that yours doesn't makes me worry! Try to get some bacterial medications being that seahorses are very prone to bacterial infections
 
Are these are wild caughts? It's a different problem if they are captive bred, than if they are WCs.
 
How long have you had them for? Where did you get them from, an online store, home breeder or the LFS?
 
How long have you had them for? Where did you get them from, an online store, home breeder or the LFS?
Breeder, a few weeks, since I've noticed dinos in the tank I have been dosing h202, dr tims waste away & been slowly raising the alk with Red Sea reef foundation B.
 
Can you grab a picture?

Do you have access to ghost shrimp?

Are you trying to raise alk to a normal level?
 
Can you grab a picture?

Do you have access to ghost shrimp?

Are you trying to raise alk to a normal level?
I can get ghost tm, only live brine today. I just went searching for her to take a picture but am unable to locate her :( she usually has two spots she likes to hang out in and she's no one to be found. I have a bad feeling :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new