seahorse skin flaking

  • Thread starter Thread starter katsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

katsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
441
Reaction score
165
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both of my erectus seahorses have their skin flaking off and underneath is just discoloured skin. I treated the tank with amoxicillin last night. I have kanaplex and metroplex coming in, although not sure if I will need it after dosing amoxicillin. How long does it take for them to regain what has flaked off? How do I know if the treatment is working?

btw they are eating the same as usual and showing no signs of stress
 


Here is a pic of the two of them
 
both of my erectus seahorses have their skin flaking off and underneath is just discoloured skin. I treated the tank with amoxicillin last night. I have kanaplex and metroplex coming in, although not sure if I will need it after dosing amoxicillin. How long does it take for them to regain what has flaked off? How do I know if the treatment is working?

btw they are eating the same as usual and showing no signs of stress
Did your seahorses recover well?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new