Seahorse Tank

peteranddeb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
oceanside ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a tank 4 weeks ago. Its a37 tall, I have a sump (a converted wet/dry), live sand,live rock. I added 10 snails,they aredoing a good job with the algae. I had wanted to order my horses this week, but I am still getting alow.25 on the amonia. of coarse with the ls and lr I didnt get aspike in nitrate or nitrite. i thought it should be cycled by now.
Oh also I used a filter pad from my reef tank. Iam getting impatient,any thoughts??
 
IMG_14421-1.jpg
 
I would definitely wait until your ammonia is undetectable, they are messy eaters and a heavy bioload.
 
I used some Fritz turbo 9000 to help cycle my seahorse tank. After 7 days I added ammonia equal to 1ppm. I had no detectable ammonia reading after 12 hours.
 
I am patiently (or not) waiting..lol.... I will give it another week and see how it is. I am using the red sea test kit. Im not too sure of the reliability... just got it. I always used API before.
 
Never tried the Red sea kits but I am sure they are far more accurate than the API's
 
I set my tank up with amino lock it fits in the filter and I have yet had any problems with ammonia levels even through the set up cycle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new