Seahorses in the Main

  • Thread starter Thread starter robharold
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
237
Reaction score
1
Location
Loranger, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it even possible in any way to keep seahorses in the main display?

Do they live in seclusion in the wild as well? I have seen a couple threads where I thought they were in the main reef tank. 1 for sure was not the case.

thx.
 
I would not chance them in the main display. Seahorses will not be able to compete with the other inhabitants for food. It depends on species I am sure but most are found in arears where waters are calmer. I have 3 horses I house in a separate 29G biocube, I feed them mysis and their only tankmates are 2 firefish and a watchman goby.

HTH,

Mike
 
U can, ive seen it done, BUT u cant have ALOT of flow and there needs to be branchs for them. Also what i saw people do is drop food on one side, wait for the fiosh to swim over there then squirt food right at the horses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new