Seahorses with a fuzzy dwarf

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamakle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamakle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has just got some Reidi seahorses in but has advised me not to get any as I have a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. Do any of you have experience with keeping the two?
 
Lionfish will likely try to eat the seahorses. Lionfish will eat anything they can get into their mouths.
 
No don't do that, seahorses need there own tank. Especially if you have never kept seahorses.
I’m looking into going that route now. What’s a good size tank to get for a pair of seahorses?
 
I’m looking into going that route now. What’s a good size tank to get for a pair of seahorses?
Seahorses don't need an overly large tank but they do prefer rounded corners so they don't get caught up in the edges I had mine in a 30 half Moon which was nice and tall for them which they really liked

0225131429b.jpg 0117131606c.jpg
 
I’ve found a 66L tank that’s local but is rectangular. How important is it to have rounded corners?
 
I’ve found a 66L tank that’s local but is rectangular. How important is it to have rounded corners?
Seahorses tend to get caught up or stuck in the in the square corners that's why the rounded corners are preferred
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new