"Seal" for intank media basket

The OP is talking about a .1" gap. That's average of .05" on each side. How much water do you think can really pass through filter floss/felt that's .05" thick and multiple inches long? You might be surprised to find very little flow would occur.

Well, that was just a strawman, point being is that I probably won't be able to cut the acrylic accurately enough to nail the exact dimensions I'm trying for. Thanks for the tips, everyone, I'll post here once I get something made.

Thanks!
 
In order to get finer measurements and get a more precise filter media housing rack. In tank aio media basket. Blahblahblah. Whatever u call it.
You would need a set of calipers and go from inches to decimals. Its easy. I work with decimals and dimensions everyday at work being a machinist. Hths
D
 
In order to get finer measurements and get a more precise filter media housing rack. In tank aio media basket. Blahblahblah. Whatever u call it.
You would need a set of calipers and go from inches to decimals. Its easy. I work with decimals and dimensions everyday at work being a machinist. Hths
D
I dont like the In tank media products...they are flimsy and cheap and easily reproduced yourself
 
I dont like the In tank media products...they are flimsy and cheap and easily reproduced yourself

I have the intank media basket for the nuvo and have to say it's far from flimsy, it's extremely well made and strong, I bought it used as I couldn't find one in stock, gave it a good clean, it came up like new.
I did try their refugium basket but that I returned, it was slightly less sturdy, the issue was it didn't have any sides to it, which seemed a bit daft for a basket! seems some of their products are hit and miss from my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new