Seam in class losing integrity

BonelessEvil

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
154
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, no water has leaked out. Red Sea has given me a new tank in exchange, but I would still like to think I can keep this one running. Is it okay to squirt silicone into the seam – while inside the water? Will that kill the corals or fish? If I should do something else, what would you suggest, outside of draining it?
 
To do it right you'd have to empty the tank and remove all the silicone and reapply. If you already have the replacement tank i would just concentrate on getting that set up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new