Seam Issue - Innovative Marine 100 INT

Stu_Daddy03

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, let me start by saying I’m new to reefing. I bought this tank back in early December and today I noticed this line that starts and stops going down the left-hand side of the vertical seam. The same on the other side doesn’t have this. You can only see it at certain angles and you can see it whether the lights in the tank or on or off I ran my finger down the seam both inside and outside of the tank and they feel fine. I’d say their hairline, possibly where the silicon maybe is thin where it meets the glass and I just never noticed it before . Is there anything I can do to further inspect? Should I be worried about it? Sending an email to innovative marine about this as well since this tank is less than three months old.

I really appreciate your thoughts.

20260110_145740_D223C4B4-FFF1-4050-BEBD-1A846DF3578A.png
 
If the issue is not between the two panes (And I can see it in these pictures) but excess silicone that makes bumps (or not) outside of two pane interface, then there is nothing to worry about. The seal and force holding the panes together is in between the glass. The excess outside has almost zero influence on keeping a tank together.

I hope my text is clearer than your images, 😂 😇
 
If the issue is not between the two panes (And I can see it in these pictures) but excess silicone that makes bumps (or not) outside of two pane interface, then there is nothing to worry about. The seal and force holding the panes together is in between the glass. The excess outside has almost zero influence on keeping a tank together.

I hope my text is clearer than your images, 😂 😇
LOL yea sorry about the picture quality. It’s clearer in person. If you click on the pict it gets a bit better. But you’re saying you could see it enough to think it’s ok? It is on the outside of seam, no between the glass. You have to be at a certain angle to even notice it. I just read some other posts about seam failure then saw this and freaked out a bit.
 
Video looks like super safe seams, but I am not certain (i know) that you are capturing the silicone seal from the proper angle? To see the silicone, look from the front pane directly into the edge (and seal face) of the side panel. Looking at the side of the silicone seal doesn't show properly the seal in between the two glass pieces.
 
Video looks like super safe seams, but I am not certain (i know) that you are capturing the silicone seal from the proper angle? To see the silicone, look from the front pane directly into the edge (and seal face) of the side panel. Looking at the side of the silicone seal doesn't show properly the seal in between the two glass pieces.
Thanks. It looks good when you look at it from the angle you described. I think it’s just where the seams material is a little I mean a millimeter uneven and if I catch the light just right off the glass I can see the faintest of blue light.
 
Welcome to R2R, @Stu_Daddy03 . IM tanks are excellent, in my opinion. As with any well made tank, still be sure to stop the blade of any scrapper you use short of the silicone seams. Stated another way, don't carelessly ram the blade into the seams, and that tank should last a good long time. 😎👍🏻
 
Thanks for the warm welcome. I think the seam unevenness that’s causing the light refraction is on the outside of the tank. I think I can feel where it’s got just a millimeter or so less caulk allowing the light through from the front panel. I’ve only cleaned the glass twice since my tank is new and was 100% sure I stayed several inches from the seams.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new