Seamless sump with Triton

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use or see a seamless sump with Triton? Checking if they can properly handle the flow on a 200 gallon tank.

Anyone also know how many gallons those boxes are? I'm trying to shoot for a 30 gallon fuge, rather not have to buy two lights for two fuges.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by seamless. You mean like this one?

image by Peter Young, on Flickr

I'm putting in this 60" Synergy Reef Triton sump on my 200G, but haven't gotten it wet yet. No reason it should handle the flow though.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I meant the seamless sump custom aquatics sells. Theirs is apparently modular, mix and match as you want but I haven't gotten a response from them yet. I've been trying to get information on yours for a few days now with no response either so I may be moving on or building my own I guess. I'm not looking to spend ~1500 on a sump that can't handle 10x a 200 gallon. In the case of your sump I wanted to know about fitting it for dual return pumps and turnaround time.
Really need to get the sump first before the tank shows up in case I need to shimmy it in before the rest of the stand is built. Depending on sump dimensions I may or may not be able to get it in/out through a door opening. That TS-60 has a 30 gallon fuge which was what I was looking for.

Still moving though.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I meant the seamless sump custom aquatics sells. Theirs is apparently modular, mix and match as you want but I haven't gotten a response from them yet. I've been trying to get information on yours for a few days now with no response either so I may be moving on or building my own I guess. I'm not looking to spend ~1500 on a sump that can't handle 10x a 200 gallon. In the case of your sump I wanted to know about fitting it for dual return pumps and turnaround time.
Really need to get the sump first before the tank shows up in case I need to shimmy it in before the rest of the stand is built. Depending on sump dimensions I may or may not be able to get it in/out through a door opening. That TS-60 has a 30 gallon fuge which was what I was looking for.

Still moving though.
Rick is pretty quick normally to respond to requests. @mixer911 They make great stuff.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tried through his site, then pm'd him. I dunno, there's still time until I get exact dimensions back for starting on the wall. Gotta drop the hammer soon or it'll be end of summer before I start trying to stock.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tried through his site, then pm'd him. I dunno, there's still time until I get exact dimensions back for starting on the wall. Gotta drop the hammer soon or it'll be end of summer before I start trying to stock.
Haha, I have been working on my build for 2+ yrs.

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the dimensions on your sump. Ain't gonna work. Tank is 24 deep, won't fit under the stand. Now I know I'm gonna need a custom sump. The Seamless is 17 deep, by the time you plumb lines big enough to handle the flow it's also too deep to fit under a 24" tank. So that just blew this project back to the stone age now. I've gotta find some reputable sump builder to make a sump that will do what I need it to and still fit under a 2 ft. tank. Considering the expense that's likely going to be this project just hit the brakes.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the dimensions on your sump. Ain't gonna work. Tank is 24 deep, won't fit under the stand. Now I know I'm gonna need a custom sump. The Seamless is 17 deep, by the time you plumb lines big enough to handle the flow it's also too deep to fit under a 24" tank. So that just blew this project back to the stone age now. I've gotta find some reputable sump builder to make a sump that will do what I need it to and still fit under a 2 ft. tank. Considering the expense that's likely going to be this project just hit the brakes.
How much room do you have? The Synergy has 1.5" returns so should handle plenty of flow. I know he's making some now with 4 1.5" return bulkheads for use with dual overflows (single return bulkhead in the skimmer section for tied together emergency lines.

edit: By the way ,I'm not trying to sell you on any sump just looking to help :)

OP
OP
Titleist

Titleist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my original thinking was this:

The wall is 4.5" thick. Tank is to be pushed through wall as far as possible while still supporting the tank properly. What I originally wanted to do was frame out the hole in the wall and use that frame to be a part of the front of the stand supporting the tank. that would leave 19.5" from the inside wall to back of tank. At best that means the sump would stick out 3.5" past back of tank and wouldn't fit even if there was no bottom box to the frame.

So now I'm trying to figure out how I can build a frame that will properly support the tank with the front of tank pushed out to back of outside drywall, yet be deeper than 24" from the inside wall, yet support the tank properly. Only thing I can think of is build a stand that is deeper than 24" to let me put that sump in there, or remove all the wall framing below the tank and move the entire stand into the wall behind outside drywall. In that case I still have less than 24" because the bottom box of the frame takes up 1.5". So the stand has to be deeper than 24", or the sump has to stick out past back of tank.

Mostly a moot point as I still haven't heard back from synergy yet so I may be looking at someone elses sump. I'd be cheaper to build a deeper frame than it would be to have someone custom fab a more shallow sump.

ColoradoBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up going with? I'm actually now looking at the seamless sump from CustomAquariums.com. They look like they'd last but they also look like they're more geared to fresh water.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back