Seasides Aquatics 180

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find out some info on an aquarium I picked up cheap in Corpus this weekend. The original owner was shipped a chipped tank and also missing the sump that was to be delivered with tank and stand. He did not trust the tank with the chip along with poor service I got it for $100. It is full of water in my garage to test for a month before I invest anymore money? Also upon close inspection the chipped pane of glass was chipped before it was assembled. I am guessing the tank was made in China? I would like to know the good and bad of these aquariums before I move this one in my house?

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is, originally I thought the chip was on the outside, but it is on the inside
IMG_3424.JPG

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the stand that came with the tank does not have a trim to cover the crack, it is definitely an eyesore.

wowkingjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to find a way to cover the crack with something, maybe some wood if you decide to go on with this project. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem with me adding apiece of trim to cover it, I just want to know if these tanks hold up long term? And where they are made, and if they are made in the same factory as Redsea?

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update; I left it full of water in my garage for a week with no leaks. On Sunday I moved it on to a stand in my fish/storage room where I moved my Blue Face angels from the 100 gallon tub into the 180. A small chip fell from the previous area, but in two days it is still holding water. We shall see?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update; I left it full of water in my garage for a week with no leaks. On Sunday I moved it on to a stand in my fish/storage room where I moved my Blue Face angels from the 100 gallon tub into the 180. A small chip fell from the previous area, but in two days it is still holding water. We shall see?

That would def make me nervous lol. But If it's still holding water that is always a good sign. Just make sure it's completely level and solid. Maybe try squeezing some fresh silicone into the chips? That might help

OP
OP
alton

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well 10 days after moving it I have connected the filtration system on Sunday and turned off the foam filters. My adult blue face finally came out and ate very well. Lighting is a hodge podge of 1 BML 12k, 165 w led black box, and 1 BML actinic. The wife has slapped me with a spending freeze after this acquisition so better lighting will have to wait.
seaside aquatics 180-w-crack 8-7-18.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back