Seattle/Eastside Club

Sam Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find an active group of reefers in the seattle area, i noticed there isn't much as far as organized clubs go, maybe we can change that!

Any interest in a new reefing club for us in the area? I would love to start meeting up monthly with you guys and sharing our love for the hobby! Im thinking tech talk, frag swaps, and just meeting more like minded hobbiests. Let me know and maybe we can schedule a meetup soon!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There use to be a pretty active club in the Seattle area, up until a couple years ago when people just didn't want to step up and contribute their time.
It fell on to a small group of dedicated hobbyists who did everything until they were just wore out.
What seems to be left is the Bob Moore frag swap held every year, but is spearheaded by ( I think ) Barrier Reef, along with another small group of hobbyists.

OP
OP
Sam Ross

Sam Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There use to be a pretty active club in the Seattle area, up until a couple years ago when people just didn't want to step up and contribute their time.
It fell on to a small group of dedicated hobbyists who did everything until they were just wore out.
What seems to be left is the Bob Moore frag swap held every year, but is spearheaded by ( I think ) Barrier Reef, along with another small group of hobbyists.

Oh i see. That's too bad. Ill have to look up the Bob Moore frag swap. Thanks for the info.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To have a club it takes a few people that will spend time running the club. I started my local club in 1985 running it for years. I took a break from running it and came back to a club that was run into the ground and was not active any more. I have now started to run the club again and have been building it up again. You must love helping people and working with new hobbyist to run a club. Other wise you will become burned out and get nothing from the process.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We can set up a club forum if you want to start a new one! :)

OP
OP
Sam Ross

Sam Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can set up a club forum if you want to start a new one! :)

Thank you, I may take you up on that! I was thinking about gauging interest in local shops first, maybe put up a sign or two.
But if enough people are interested i would love to organize here.

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to meet up with y'all and pick some brains!

I want to start breeding marine feeders for local hobbyists~
This would let me find out what you all want! [emoji3]

John ob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if a club doesn't work out at least a meet an greet. Would be nice to gain more knowledge an swap pieces. May even workout for when go on vacation since most family members have zero clue just on feeding

Micksfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to see if anyone was still interested in this! Im in Kirkland area and know a couple of other guys possibly interested in the same area as myself. Wish we still had a club. Seems like there are enough people in the area interested, nobody wants to take up the time and work (which is understandable) so lets all play a part!

Klaw2474

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is the Spokane Coeur d Alene Reef Society (SPCDA, we have members in the seattle area as well)
http://spcdareefs.org

There is also Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society (PNWMAS, mostly west side I believe)
http://www.pnwmas.org

SPCDA has a private facebook group that is pretty active, I would assume the same is true for PNWMAS.

ciscomania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a reef club or like minded reefers to learn and share my experiences and maybe swap a frag or two. I'm from Newcastle

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back