Seattle/Eastside Club

thetaggeffect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gig Harbor here, just moved from VA where we had a very active group of local reefers, looking for the same here. Be nice to have our own forum!

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gig Harbor here, just moved from VA where we had a very active group of local reefers, looking for the same here. Be nice to have our own forum!

Welcome to the area. I'm Nancy, in Renton, WA. That's on the south eastern edge of Seattle if your not familiar with the region.

There is PNWMAS.org, they meet monthly but are more active in the Portland area. Great events and meetings, they have a Facebook group as well.

We have a pretty active Facebook group. There are a few events coming up in the area as well. There are some great reefers, and some great local vendors, brick & mortar and online who sell locally.

rbarr110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to reef tanks and just starting to get mine setup. Haven't seen much activity here for local activity. However, the Facebook group noted above is pretty active.

DeepBlueReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, new here to seattle area and to the forum. I live in Renton. Just saying hello to all the local reefer!

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, new here to seattle area and to the forum. I live in Renton. Just saying hello to all the local reefer!
Hi from Renton as well. Welcome. This is a great area to be a reefer, great people and great vendors too.

Our area is not very active on this thread. If you are on FB there is an active group there.

Pacific Northwest Reef Keepers

DeepBlueReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks PiscesPower, I did subscribe for the FB group as well, will catch reefers around in time!

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, PNWMAS is a bit more portland/vancouver/salem (I used to live in Corvallis), and I've been missing them since being up here. I'm just starting to get my little nano-AIO together and planning a big tank, but I'd love to pick up some little frags from some local people in a month or two.
I joined the GSA club on facebook, but it seems like it's 100% planted fresh tank people. I asked a question about lighting for macroalgae (because they should know, right!?) and literally no one said anything.

Maybe this can be a decent place. I'm near Bothell (and work in Bothell). Maybe we can convince someone with a nice tank up here to host a meet and greet up here. I sure will if the new tank ever becomes a reality

chopdrop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have anything fraggable that people would want but I would be interested in periodically meeting up with people and buying/selling/trading livestock/equipment and if someone wanted to put the labor in to periodically do lectures or something I would be really curious to attend those as well.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have a tank currently, I'm on the kitsap peninsula... but I moved from the DC area where we have a HUGE very busy/interactive club (WAMAS) back here and am currently building my house...

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little 29g is barely starting, not worth hosting yet. Maybe someone on the eastside is willing to host a little get together? I'd suggest the first isn't too formal, though we might offer each other a few frags if we've got coolers (I have no corals yet, so...)

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted to just try to put something together... My house would be fine, but my tank isn't interesting...I just got my first frag yesterday. Anyone else up for hosting something?
I wonder if barrier reef or saltwater city or someone would host something?

JeffRochon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved from Renton over to Rainier Valley (not really much of a move, but still). Would love to be able to get involved with some local reefers.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back