Sebae Anemone Placment

GpixL_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hi, is it ok to put the anemone on the sandbed? I was told that it is and to turn off flow for 10 min to let it “root” down but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

image.jpg

Seshoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its probably a good idea to turn off the flow to let it attach to the surface. Anemones will move around by themselves to find a home where its happy with the light and flow. did you just buy this one ? its unhappy and bleached.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, is it ok to put the anemone on the sandbed? I was told that it is and to turn off flow for 10 min to let it “root” down but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

image.jpg
Where you have it is fine
As with most anemones, if they want to move, they will.
What makes them move is too much or too little light or water flow

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will most likely move to edge of a rock by the sand bed to wedge the foot. Don't worry it will color up. Just got done treating one that has more zoa anthology than yours but is still not sticky yet. If yours is nice and sticky it may be pretty healthy and color up fast. Nice grab

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like a nice rock by the sand bed where it can get good light and random flow. I have also seen some of them in the rock work too. Each is a bit different and will move accordingly

Back