Second chamber calcium reactor media question

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2016
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
579
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was looking into crushed coral to put in my second reactor for ph buffering but is the Florida crushed coral same thing as the coraline gravel? Can both be used? Differences?

F2A869E7-2B50-4D12-BEFF-BA4793F1D5F4.png 8950700A-5532-4C52-836B-EED7ACB2BAE7.png
 
Many use dolomite as crush coral mixed with reMag
 
Probably it’s the same stuff. The Florida crushed coral is what I use in my secondary CaRx chamber.
 
Ok I bought the gravel. Just wasn’t sure if it was crushed coral or not.
 
Good point. Does anyone have any clogging issues using this?
 
In my experience, even when using larger media, is that the finer material tends to settle to the bottom and clog things up. Depending on your feed pump, you may have a hard time moving the water through.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new