Second New DIY Two Part Recipe with Higher pH Boost

Doesn't that help keep lithium in range? How did you determine this was high in lithium?

Zero lithium is fine.
 
Not to discourage any diy efforts but NAF has a sodium hydroxide based 2part with traces accounted for. It comes in pre measured and easy to mix solutions and you can buy it with the containers as well
You have a link? Thanks
 
Ok, please verify I have this right. In one gallon of RO water (each):
- 500 grams calcium chloride
- 283 grams sodium hydroxide
- 3/4C Epsom salts plus 7 1/4 cups magnesium chloride hexahydrate
-183 grams Tropic Marin Balling part C
- Seachem Reef Trace dosed according instructions

*Dose equal parts calcium chloride, sodium hydroxide, and Balling part C daily

Are you also dosing the Epsom mag chloride supplement in addition?
Randy Holmes-Farley, can any of these be combined in solution so reduce the number of dosing pumps required?
 
Randy Holmes-Farley, can any of these be combined in solution so reduce the number of dosing pumps required?

You can combine the magnesium mix into the part C. Check the beginning of the thread I started with 203 ml of the mg solution but that was to much for my tank

Check out the diy balling thread instead of the beginning of this one
 
Last edited:
You can combine the magnesium mix into the part C. Check the beginning of the thread I started with 203 ml of the mg solution but that was to much for my tank

Check out the diy balling thread instead of the beginning of this one
I just want to know if there are going to be any chemical reactions that would affect the benefits of dosing separately. Of course, I'd also lose the ability of adjusting the dosage of each, although this is supposed to be chemically balanced, right?
 
Randy Holmes-Farley, can any of these be combined in solution so reduce the number of dosing pumps required?

The magnesium in Part C, as noted above, and if you use tropic Marin A and K for trace elements,,those can be split into the alk and calcium parts.
 
I was referring to this:

In one gallon of RO water (each):
- 500 grams calcium chloride
- 283 grams sodium hydroxide
- 3/4C Epsom salts plus 7 1/4 cups magnesium chloride hexahydrate
-183 grams Tropic Marin Balling part C
- Seachem Reef Trace dosed according instructions

I do not know if you can add the Seachem with any of the others.

My alk and calcium solutions are the same as you posted but I add some Strontium to the calcium solution.

3/4C Epsom salts plus 7 1/4 cups magnesium chloride hexahydrate mix this to make a gallon of solution then add 203 ml of that solution to the Part C solution to make a gallon of solution. For my tank the 203 ml was to much mg so the next batch I did not use any of the mg solution and am waiting until mg drops back down to add any more.
 
I was referring to this:

In one gallon of RO water (each):
- 500 grams calcium chloride
- 283 grams sodium hydroxide
- 3/4C Epsom salts plus 7 1/4 cups magnesium chloride hexahydrate
-183 grams Tropic Marin Balling part C
- Seachem Reef Trace dosed according instructions
Any recommendations on dosing regimen per tank volume?
 
Any recommendations on dosing regimen per tank volume?

This is what I have been doing in my 100 gallon. It has been based on alk consumption.

1777302922476.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new