Second skimmer for Ozone

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 250 gallon tank that I am considering ozone for.

Can a small secondary skimmer be used for an ozone reactor effectively? What would you consider the smallest option that is best?

Is there a better option than something like the avast ozone reactor that is $700?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a small, old Bubble Magus skimmer on a 135 gallon tank for ozone with no issues- it's working rather well actually :) Don't overcomplicate it- stick in what you have room and budget for (as long as it's ozone safe!). It will do you just fine..

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a Tunze 9410 for my ozone and bio pellet discharge water. Tunze is super great size and delivers great skimming without using alot of room in the sump. I will using a Reef Octopus Regal 300 INT and my main, should be here in a few days to replace my Reef Octopus 200 INT. My two favorite skimmers Tunze and Reef Octopus for the money and results....

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 250 gallon tank that I am considering ozone for.

Can a small secondary skimmer be used for an ozone reactor effectively? What would you consider the smallest option that is best?

Is there a better option than something like the avast ozone reactor that is $700?

I took this pic last night, don’t mind my UV servicing. If you look in my sump, back left hand corner, I use a Bubble Magnus 5. I have to be careful as it is too heavy now that I have carbon in the cup, BMs tops aren’t tight to be fine with. Ask me why I have the lid tapped on to the cup…. The biggest thing for me was getting it up out of the water so it wouldn’t produce skim. My system is a 130g. I use the Poseidon on 3 for about an hour a day. My ORP is about 10% off, so I have safety set to shut down at 300, I’ve yet to come above 275. I’m not sure if I should let it run more often. I’ve never ran it and I guess I read too much and am chicken, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 57

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back