OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installing my tunze 3155 today. Vinegar bath is going great. I see a lot debris that have been dislodged that were not before. Will let it run until after July 4th probably - very busy time. Pictures to come soon.

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

I have added a small piece of silicone tubing instead of hard plumb and it's as quiet as seal team 6 moving in on the compound. Additionally I added one of my moms rubber hot plate pads. I think this is okay?

IMG_20190709_203953.jpg

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not made an update on this tale in a while!

The tank is doing great... minus the crazy brown diatom - any tips to control? Frags are growing & looking FAT.

Nitrates are semi low in this tank, however, I don't wanna add more fish. Need to think of ways to get it up. Yeah I am aware the torch coral isn't extended... something I am trying to figure out right now as it was fully extended last night.

IMG_20191023_194953.jpg

IMG_20191023_195004.jpg

IMG_20191023_195011.jpg

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has had some crazy ups and some crazy downs.

I had loads of zoanthids growing and I was fragging preparing to sell and cyano broke out bad !

I fought it off and had some small loss and continued growing and cutting.. I had so many frags curing and was about to post first frags for sale when cyano broke out bad again.. this time I guess it mutated and I lost 50% of my frags due to suffocation and I guess swings.

I've scrubbed the tank top to bottom added loads of trochus snails and continue to baste corals daily. I think I'm out of the woods but who knows.

Over the holidays I plan to add two more fish to the bare bottom to help nutrients stay elevated. I currently have a six line and a damsel. Any suggestions for a large control?

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest addition to help clean water column up - mini BRS reactor with BRS rox .8. I think this will be a great addition to the tank.

I have combatted cyano and won ! Corals are opening again and rocks are clean and free of algae and n & p are stabilizing once again. My skimmer has been offline for a month now and I am debating decommissioning it until I get more fish

PXL_20201204_011248126.jpg

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is clearing up like you wouldn't believe. I know it's not all due to carbon reactor but my husbandry is paying off. Corals are opening and looking very good again. I need to redirect some flow as no stalks are growing on some corals and will be hard to frag. Just had them blasted so that no detritus algae settled on them.

Had a little cyano scare yesterday but performed a water change and all seems good ! Time will tell - keep your fingers crossed

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are opened like nothing before!

Protein skimmer is back online

Added 2 more chromis to school and an algae blenny. I'll begin feeding nori every couple days to ensure he eats

I'll also add more pods soon

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back