Secret to crystal clear glass? Specifically inside the tank.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used vinegar on a freebie tank that was covered in algae, the tank wasn’t filled though

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you left water to dry on the inside and that caused mineral streaking when it dried. I have the same issue but my tank is like 4 years old and one end is "smudged/cloudy" not streaks like yours. Tried magic eraser as well but unfortunately that didn't work in my case. I was really hoping it would clear it up. I have a mixed reef and no harm came from using it inside the tank.
So you haven’t found a way of resolving? I think you’re right on the cause, it wasn’t in my ownership when it happened but that makes sense.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use Magic Eraser, make sure it is the original, not a Knock off. Know someone who killed of a Fresh water tank, with a knock-off.
I bought a box with 100 sheets online and have had no issue. The key is to get melamine sponge with zero additives.

Seanb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razor blade on glass is the best with a scrubber afterwards.

I wouldn't own another acrylic tank.

I see bare bottom tanks that have spotless bottoms and can't imagine how much time they spend on the tanks to look that good.

maxfund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic eraser... interesting... and just to confirm before I accidentally hurt my lovely clown fish.. we are talking inside the tank?
I bought Magic Eraser type pads off Amazon. Got like 2 pads very cheap. No chemicals, scents or soap. I've been using them for 1 1/2 years, no problems.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back