Securing corals in a display.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtsamples
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtsamples

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
14
Location
27511
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what methods do you all use to temporarily secure frag plugs and tiles to keep herits and snails from bulldozing them, until you determine the best location for the coral?
 
I have drilled a bunch of holes in my rock for frag plugs. I wrap the stems with rubber bands to make them snug.
I use these.
20250808_154633.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new