See Spot Swim

  • Thread starter Thread starter LorenK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LorenK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Spotted Rabbitfish (Siganus guttatus).

I got this guy from a local reefer a few months ago. I swear he's nearly doubled in size...supposed to be a very large fish when full grown (about 12" long).

He's very elusive...does not like to be photographed so this is about as good as I could get. He's a very pretty blue with orange spots but it didn't come out so well in the pics.

IMG_2450.jpg
 
Is he reef safe? I like him!
 
I love mine. They can eat zoanthids, but most don't.

IMG_1314.jpg


IMG_1316.jpg
 
Last edited:
I saw mine munching on GSP when I first got him. That can be a good thing, but I was worried he's start on my zoas. So now he is well fed (which I guess contributed to the growth).

Btw, the black spot is natural...comes with age. Leishman's must be a juvi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new