see through blob thing...what is it

nicks nano reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
55
Reaction score
2
Location
orlando florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
over the last 2 days i have seen a see through blob on the front glass of my culturing tank at first i just asummed it was an air bubble caught by the algae but then the next day i noticed it had moved so today idecided to poke it off the glass it started swimming in a pulsationg motion and swam out of sight has any one ever seen any thing like this?
 
You don't mention the sze, but my first thought from the "pulsating" comment, is a nudibranch.
 
That thing swims? What the heck is it?
 
It's a Polyclad Flatworm. I had one and I think it eats a snail per night. They usually live under a rock or the sand and come out at night. They are very fast movers - gliding on the glass or sand. See one, don't take pictures, grab it now! I learned that the hard way. Let's see if I can find when I made that mistake. Here it is:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new