Seeded Rock

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if there would be any issue seeding a new tank with established rock from another tank. The only caveat being that the established rock has hair algae on it and will be put in a sump with no light. What would be the worse thing that could happen other than maybe getting some of the hair algae in the new tank which I can't for see happening because I have a sponge between the sump where the rock will be placed and the return pump to catch any loose ends?

BartMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would spray with peroxide and scrub in a bucket of tank water before transferring to the new sump

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was wondering if there would be any issue seeding a new tank with established rock from another tank. The only caveat being that the established rock has hair algae on it and will be put in a sump with no light. What would be the worse thing that could happen other than maybe getting some of the hair algae in the new tank which I can't for see happening because I have a sponge between the sump where the rock will be placed and the return pump to catch any loose ends?
Actually one of the best methods fr seeding a tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back