Seeking advice on dosing products...

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing Ca, Mg and occasionally Nitrates and Phosphates in an LPS and Zoa dominated tank - I'm dosing some amino acids every few days when I remember.

This is one of my first tanks, so I'm not sure if I need to be considering feeding or dosing any other forms of supplements such as those provided by manufacturers relating to phytoplankton, cocktail of other 'beneficial' supplements my LFS wants to sell me. Please feel free to list any types of products I should consider to ensure the health of all the corals - colors, growth and overall general fish/livestock health including inverts.

Would appreciate any guidance from experienced folks here on running a reef tank.

Thanks
 
All of those answers are subjective and based upon your parameters, stock, and uptake. A lot also depends on the age of your tank. A new tank filled with frags won't uptake much of the big three. As they grow uptake will change as will supplemental needs. Even the amount of nitrates your tank consumes will grow with time.

You many need everything you listed. You may not need any of it. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new