Seeking Advice on Moving/Removing Sand bed

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey can you post us an updated pic of the tank

we can tell lots about the params from the pics, not the test kits, and any ammonia issues arise within an hour or so if any. They do not wait a day or two to arise, nh3 is a quick killer it’s not a lingering param so pics will show us today how your filtration will be doing next week. Cook in his recent sand rip found that alkalinity dropped significantly so be sure and lower light intensity a week and watch major ions. Ammonia isn’t a concern.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey can you post us an updated pic of the tank

we can tell lots about the params from the pics, not the test kits, and any ammonia issues arise within an hour or so if any. They do not wait a day or two to arise, nh3 is a quick killer it’s not a lingering param so pics will show us today how your filtration will be doing next week. Cook in his recent sand rip found that alkalinity dropped significantly so be sure and lower light intensity a week and watch major ions. Ammonia isn’t a concern.
I am running acclimation mode for 10 days at 75%. I’ll grab a pic when it settles. Just blew off the rocks after feeding and running nutrient transport mode on the mp10.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C8C19C39-FF37-4570-A657-F79A7636EFB9.jpeg
7001D833-CFF5-483F-9AF1-37498211FCDB.jpeg
F2383C5F-8269-4A5D-BA8B-218C93A090C5.jpeg

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well wow that was not a small job, very very very happy to see that. lots of money on the line, total tank surgery after shots this is really good Chris. did you lower lights pretty well they do look lowered, nonstressful blue looks just about right. those are hard arches to balance that's a tough aquascape no joke.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris I also have this question. On another forum am trying to help catch up some post energy/bring up from slo speed I'd like to relay your pics and basic info to them from what you've posted above. They're scared to start work on tanks what Ive offered seems like voodoo but we need an ice breaker lol. if not I undrstnd

but if so id copy your pics and flow description, name and crediting for sure, and we can begin moving tanks for their super slow forum. these guys were good to me back in the posting day and I wanted to help boost some activity up for them. its thereeftank.com if you're wondering. They allow linking to reef2reef.com, willing to share so this is some give back to em.
b

I have enough energy to work tank transfers on six forums if we could get them going lol.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris I also have this question. On another forum am trying to help catch up some post energy/bring up from slo speed I'd like to relay your pics and basic info to them from what you've posted above. They're scared to start work on tanks what Ive offered seems like voodoo but we need an ice breaker lol. if not I undrstnd

but if so id copy your pics and flow description, name and crediting for sure, and we can begin moving tanks for their super slow forum. these guys were good to me back in the posting day and I wanted to help boost some activity up for them. its thereeftank.com if you're wondering. They allow linking to reef2reef.com, willing to share so this is some give back to em.
b

I have enough energy to work tank transfers on six forums if we could get them going lol.
I have no issue with it. Better experiment will be when I move this tank 3 hours away in a month .

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wonderful, rip cleans can be ran infinitely. I have disassembled my reefbowl several times and blasted the sand to participate in the thread, your next move/carbon copy same only now its just rock relocation and ramp ups again. Ill link your outbound help example here coming up, thanks tons.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris one last prep can you post any former tank shot showing the sand

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still coming along nicely, clean holdings there

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it made it to the new location. Added an Apex along the way. Everything is really looking rough. I think the filtration or lack of filtration in the temporary tub really didn't help. Hoping to get everything back on track. Thank you all for the advice and assistance during the process.
7C0E1E5B-C1C5-48F0-B09B-5A193CC860B7.jpeg
930C4279-EDD6-4E8C-B100-25B8DBF2020F.jpeg

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well done on big work jobs here and documenting big moves, well done we've linked your thread in a few places now so people can track outcomes

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaaa! I'm very happy that all has gone so we'll. A very satisfing feeling and going smooth as possible. Soon everything will be in its place and settling in. Can't wait to see it. Congrats

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back