Seeking assistance with brown algae outbreak

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richard60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Richard60

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Aurora,denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure where to post this question but I nitrate is 0 and I have an outbreak of brown algae how and what can I do to get rid of it my lights are on forv4 hours and it is not in front of a window so If I can get help please let me know and thanks for the time
 
What type lighting do you have? How often are you doing water changes? Where is the water from? ie..tap water or RO/DI? How old is your tank? Normally Brown Algae is the result of poor lighting, poor water quality.
 
I have t5 high output lighting and it is tap water for now the water is good and it been up and running for about 4 weeks. I had my water tested and it is good not sure what the readings are right now need to get the results when I get home
 
I have t5 high output lighting and it is tap water for now the water is good and it been up and running for about 4 weeks. I had my water tested and it is good not sure what the readings are right now need to get the results when I get home
why do you only run them 4 hours? I would have to guess more lighting and possibly your tank is still cycling because it is new.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new