Seeking Sinularia tie-down help

  • Thread starter Thread starter TweakyReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TweakyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2019
Messages
38
Reaction score
125
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow hobbyists!

So recently my green Sinularia's base became necrotic. I believe this to be due to a large sponge growing underneath it, then decaying away resulting a bacterial infection at the base of said Sinularia.

Anywho, I decided the best course of action would be to remove the necrotic base and reattach it to some rock that had been sitting in my sump. Now I didn't tie it very hard at all, though I'm still worried it may be too tight but not certain and would appreciate some insight from you glorious experts (see pics below)

Here was the Sinularia prior to removing the necrotic tissue
IMG_20190430_163737.jpg


Here is the Sinularia after preforming the surgery then using the tie down method
IMG_20190501_170634.jpg
IMG_20190502_181312.jpg


Do you think it should be okay with how its currently tied down? Thanks for your time ladies and gentlemen :)
 
I know this is old, but how did it turn out for you?

I am afraid that sinularia with exposed tissue will leak excess toxins into the water, meaning that it'd be best to use some "moderate to high pressure" tie down like a rubber band so that the flesh gets pinched off like a turniquette, preventing toxins from leaking out of the exposed flesh...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new