Seeking Sinularia tie-down help

TweakyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow hobbyists!

So recently my green Sinularia's base became necrotic. I believe this to be due to a large sponge growing underneath it, then decaying away resulting a bacterial infection at the base of said Sinularia.

Anywho, I decided the best course of action would be to remove the necrotic base and reattach it to some rock that had been sitting in my sump. Now I didn't tie it very hard at all, though I'm still worried it may be too tight but not certain and would appreciate some insight from you glorious experts (see pics below)

Here was the Sinularia prior to removing the necrotic tissue
IMG_20190430_163737.jpg

Here is the Sinularia after preforming the surgery then using the tie down method
IMG_20190501_170634.jpg
IMG_20190502_181312.jpg

Do you think it should be okay with how its currently tied down? Thanks for your time ladies and gentlemen :)

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old, but how did it turn out for you?

I am afraid that sinularia with exposed tissue will leak excess toxins into the water, meaning that it'd be best to use some "moderate to high pressure" tie down like a rubber band so that the flesh gets pinched off like a turniquette, preventing toxins from leaking out of the exposed flesh...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back