Segmented blenny with SPS?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Has anyone had a problem with a segmented blenny in an established SPS tank? The vendor pages say they can nip the base of SPS. I'm not concerned with a little nipping, just dont want one destroying a colony on me.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tim

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Kept a few when I was looking after service tanks and never had a problem with them and any type of coral. Never had a problem with any salarias blenny tbh but that's not the case with ecsenius blennies who can be nippers.

Great, that's what I was looking for. I've kept other Salarias blennies with no issue with all sorts of SPS and was wondering if segmentatus was somehow different.

Thanks!

Dash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for almost a year. He’s only interested in algae, scraping at the rock and glass. He looks similar to a lawn mower blenny, but has prettier colouring and more importantly, won’t get as big. Very peaceful too & has no problem with the tail spot blenny being nearby.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve had mine for almost a year. He’s only interested in algae, scraping at the rock and glass. He looks similar to a lawn mower blenny, but has prettier colouring and more importantly, won’t get as big. Very peaceful too & has no problem with the tail spot blenny being nearby.

Perfect. I'll give one a try. I've always had good luck with starry and lawnmower blennies.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back