Selling coral

jett555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some coral that are getting too big for my small nano tank. Looking to sell some corals to try to make a bit of money. Any advice on how to sell and what price to sell at? I’m in Australia.
Corals
Duncan-22 heads
1 wall hammer
1 branching hammer
1 cataphylia
some mushrooms.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some coral that are getting too big for my small nano tank. Looking to sell some corals to try to make a bit of money. Any advice on how to sell and what price to sell at? I’m in Australia.
Corals
Duncan-22 heads
1 wall hammer
1 branching hammer
1 cataphylia
some mushrooms.
I trade my grow-outs at my local fish store for credit or cash to fund my hobby & habit. If you have a local reef website that is another place to offer corals. Pricing depends on what color morphs, health, and longevity of the coral you have had in captivity. Long time corals (or fish) from a disease free tank are worth more than wild caught, but if everyone has what you have the price will be suppressed. If you have a unique morph then you might get a lot of $$ for a coral.

You can place an add in the Reef2Reef Marketplace forum and see what local interest you get, and there might be folks willing to pay shipping around the world if you can box it up securely?

GL

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals
Duncan-22 heads
1 wall hammer
1 branching hammer
1 cataphylia
some mushrooms.
sell Duncan as a colony for around $200
branChing hammer around $50
others not sure
you can sell on Craigslist

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back