Selling on Reef2reef/ Scammers

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just a heads up that there has been some more scamming going on lately. I know or 3 that have been had including myself the last couple weeks.

I was thinking of ways to correct the issue and would it make sense to only let Reef2Reef paid members sell on on market place? This way you there is a link account to the name that could be scamming instead of letting any new member sell.

Just a thought sense it really makes buying from this site hard to do again because there seems to be know way to guarantee.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just a heads up that there has been some more scamming going on lately. I know or 3 that have been had including myself the last couple weeks.

I was thinking of ways to correct the issue and would it make sense to only let Reef2Reef paid members sell on on market place? This way you there is a link account to the name that could be scamming instead of letting any new member sell.

Just a thought sense it really makes buying from this site hard to do again because there seems to be know way to guarantee.
Have you contacted @revhtree he would want to know. But thanks for the heads up thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Report always to @revhtree or @Daniel@R2R

findingAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't buy anything from a non business entity without using paypal, the fees are tiny and will get your money back if they ignore you.

OP
OP
keatonmjenkins

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's already in place and appears under the name as "rating". Pretty sure new nonpaying members have to post x number of messages before they can sell also.
Yeah it should probably be a timeline because it’s easy to spam messages to get 25. 6 months would deter people from making scammer accounts if they had to wait that long.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've seen a couple people posting that they got scammed out of products after sending money.
But the common denominator with them is they didn't use PayPal Goods or Services as the payment method.
So, in the end you have to protect yourself

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a couple people posting that they got scammed out of products after sending money.
But the common denominator with them is they didn't use PayPal Goods or Services as the payment method.
Yep, known people personally that have been scammed with that exact same method

OP
OP
keatonmjenkins

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree with using PayPal to protect yourself but there should be a better system for reef2reef to deter or limit scammers. Linking an account if you want to sell on reef2reef would be great as well as a cool off period when you first join before selling.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A healthy dose of due diligence (you yourself can weed out newer accounts and people with no sales history) add PP goods and services and I think you have yourself covered.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back