Selling rbta or breeding clownfish

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Just a question. I have a good job but I have been wanting to start a side business for some time. Still fairly new to saltwater aquarium but I am just wondering about making either rbta propagation or clownfish breeding a start to possibly something great. I have done a lot of research but at the same time I do see on sites like michigan reefers(I'm from Michigan) tons of people selling rbta and at my lfs some anemones for sale but not a ton. Is there honestly a way to go about making either of these profitable at some point or really not worth the effort. Just throwing it out there. Figured getting into something I really like so far would be the way to go to make some money on the side and see where it leads. Thank you in advance.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also from Michigan so hello! Better off just doing frag tanks rather than solely nems. Especially if you propagate some of the higher end stuff.

OP
OP
B

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also from Michigan so hello! Better off just doing frag tanks rather than solely nems. Especially if you propagate some of the higher end stuff.
What up fellow michigander!! I really don't know a whole lot about corals yet. I am leaning more towards the clownfish. Just the thought of maybe breeding some different clownfish.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make a post in the breeding forum. There's plenty of people on here who do. Also probably guides in there.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back